If you are a PreK-12 educator, who will help you answer these questions about Gender and Sexuality Diversity Education?
- My kindergarteners are already facing gender role stereotypes; how can I create a different culture in my classroom?
- What are the best ways to support the students in my class who have same-sex parents?
- How should I intervene when boys are calling each other "gay" on the playground? Just telling them to stop doesn't seem very effective.
- We have a transgender middle-schooler and everyone has a lot of questions about pronouns, bathrooms, and sports teams.
- How can we help high school students develop healthy values about sexuality when the media is loaded with exploitative, pornographic images?
- What exactly is my role as a teacher in addressing gender and sexual identity development?
Teachers and administrators contend with questions and reactions to Gender and Sexuality Diversity (GSD) every day at school, yet they receive little if any formal training in how to understand and respond to these complex issues. Team Finch Consultants (TFC) provides programs that meet the professional development and training needs of administrators, teachers, counselors, board members, parents and students.
I hope you will take some time to explore our website. We have recently added a variety of video clips, some that answer Frequently Asked Questions, some that show TFC working directly with teachers, parents and students. If you do not find the information you are looking for, please contact me personally by email or telephone. Every school is different; every educational community of teachers, students and parents is unique. I welcome the opportunity to address your specific questions directly.
Jennifer Bryan, Ph.D.
Founder and Principal
Team Finch Consultants